Getting the visa
- For the stay in Australia you need
- a passport, that should be valid at least 3 months beyond your planned stay in Australia,
- a visa,
- a completed immigration card and
- a back flight ticket.
- Probably there will be a check of your financial situation to be sure you won't charge the australian welfare system.
- It will be important to have a health insurance for Australia.
For a temporary visa with the opportunity to do your practical training in Australia you have to do the following:
No worries about the immigration card. You will get one in the plane before the arrival at your destination.
First you have to find a company or a university that offers you the chance to participate in a project. After that this company has to nominate you for the job they offer.
- When the Nomination is on the way or already has passed you should contact the embassy to get the application forms for the visa. You do need the following visa subclass: 442 (Occupational Trainee). With these forms you get the advice to contact medicals for several checks of your health. Which doctor to contact will depend on the work you will be doing. If not sure contact the embassy which check to aspire. We had one session with a radiologist that toke X-ray-images of our bodies. The results have to be sent with your application form to the embassy. You can sent it seperately, as well. Don't send the results when the application form hasn't been sent to the embassy yet.
Note: The charges for the health check you have to pay by yourself.
- After you've got the affirmation that the nomination passed you can send the application forms to the embassy. You should attach the confirmations of the company about their offer to you and of the passed nomination. If the results of your health check's are present already attach them too.
- At last the visa is on the way...
Australia Immigration Visa Law Online Detailed Immigration Advice (english)
Visiting Australia - Immigration requirements (english)
Australische Botschaften/Konsulate in Deutschland (german)
Australische Botschaft in Bonn (german)
Allgemeines - Einreise/Einwanderung (german)
[project part 1]
[project part 2]
[week 1] [week 2]
[week 3] [week 4]
[week 5] [week 6]
[week 7] [week 8]
[week 9] [week 10]
Because english is not the native language of the authors, we
apologize for any inconvenience.
© 1998 by Matthias Kraft & Gesine Schröter;
EMail to: M.Kraft@fhtw-berlin.de & email@example.com
Last changed: Sunday, 08-Feb-2009 12:42:19 CET